Vigyan Ashram and Savitribai Phule Pune University collaboratively started ‘Design Innovation Center’ at Pabal. The center is funded by MHRD as part of National Design Network.
What is DIC?
DIC will incubate ideas which are useful for society. Efforts will be made to convert these ideas into products. Requirement of users will be taken into account from the conceptualization of idea to making final products.
DIC wants to promote culture of design at college level. Our rural areas are facing with various development problems. These problems are great opportunities for creative minds. DIC aims at training youth to taken on these challenges and come out with useful solutions.
Focus area of DIC:
DIC @ Vigyan Ashram focuses on following areas:
2. Sensors technology
3. Computer graphics and product design
4. Environment and Watershed management
Who can join DIC program?
DIC is open for all individuals with prior permission and training. If you have a great idea or you are looking for technical solution for common problem facing society. DIC @ Vigyan Ashram is perfect place for you.
Facilities at DIC:
DIC is equipped with following facilities –
4) Computer and Graphics lab
Functioning of DIC:
DIC functions though projects and design courses. These design courses offers students to learn ‘Design approach’ by ‘Learning while doing’.
DIC courses at Vigyan Ashram
VA is launching following 4 courses through Design Innovation Center:
1. Advanced and innovative techniques for Environment and watershed management.(6 months)
2. Advanced Techniques for improvement of Plant Growth and Health using soil Microorganisms(6 months)
3. Post Graduate Diploma in computer aided product Design(1 year)
4. Design and Development of signal conditioning and Sensor Technology (6 months)
Eligibility- Diploma or degree holder from any branch, L-4 certified, Second year Engineering college students, DBRT or pre- knowledge of specified course.
Benefits of DIC courses:
1. Students will learn practically and can acquire more skills
2. Students can develop their own firm
3. There will be more job opportunities due to acquired skills
4. Opportunity to work with industrial entrepreneur
CURRENT PROJECTS @ DIC
1) Prosthetic hand:
Today current prosthetic hand which is available in market is developed using EMG Sensors which have certain limitations and are having limited working capability. Moreover, such prosthetic hands are not affordable.
So, in this project we are making a voice controlled prosthetic hand which overcome the limitations of current prosthetic hand and having 80% less price as compare to current prosthetic hand.
2) Fencing for animals:
In villages there are lots of problems due to pigs as they are destroying crops. By the observation we came to know that pigs are afraid of light.
So we plan make a lighting device which will detect the pig and then it will flash the light which will result to get away them.
3) Developing App for entrepreneurs:
This app will help entrepreneurs to keep altogether easy records of his work. Also this app will help them to calculate an appropriate estimate, budget, and costing, actual expenses of his specific project’s work. Also it will give an easy access to reach their customers.
To get the admissions please contact:
Vigyan Ashram, Pabal
Tal. Shirur, Dist. Pune-412 403
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Ranajeet Shanbhag – 9579734720
Ms. Supriya Kadam – 9527310383